Hot Iron Cheek Branding is Cruel
In 2010, when it became known to the NSPCA that cheek branding of cattle was taking place, the NSPCA lodged its strong opposition to this cruel practice with the Department of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries.
Branding must never be performed on any area such as the face due to the sensitivity and the nerve and nasal structure in that area.
Cheek branding is still being practised on some farms; however, the NSPCA is opposed to it.
- Introduction to the Animal Identification Act and Regulations
- Animal Identification Act 2002
- Animal Identification Act 2002, amendment (including pigs)
- Animals Identification Act – General Information
- Animals Declared Under Section 2A
- Amendment to Regulation No. R209 (fees payable)
- Legal Identification Marks
- How to read Branding Marks
- List of Marking Operators
- General Information for Marking Operators