Teach your Children
Educating children and youth to respect animals is very important, and is one of the tools which can be used to teach children to respect each other and not bully others.
Research overseas shows that violence to animals is linked to violence towards people.
We draw your attention to a number of important issues.
- Animals as prizes
- Animals as gifts
- Gimmicks involving live animals
- Animal Hoarders
- Botox kills - Animals used for testing
- Gifts, novelties and toys
- Internet pet scams - Don't be a victim
- No kill shelters - Concerns
- Cats and Garden Birds
- Children and Animals
A series of articles produced by the NSPCA on crimes against animals were printed in the SERVAMUS magazines during 2014 and the start of 2015.
The NSPCA operates on the principle of education before prosecution, unless the situation is such that immediate prosecution is warranted.
Enquiries in respect of education can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Study through UNISA
Great News! UNISA now offers a Higher Certificate in Animal Welfare. To view the details regarding this qualification click here
Career as an Inspector
Do you fancy a career as an Inspector? Inspectors receive ongoing training throughout their careers and the NSPCA ensures that courses for Inspectors and Senior Inspectors are regularly updated, reviewed and revised in order to ensure that high standards are maintained. To learn more about starting your career as an Inspector click here
You are more than welcome to utilise these leaflets to promote respect for and the welfare of animals. All we ask is that you do not alter them – if you do have suggestions for improvements of these leaflets or you do spot any errors please advise us at email@example.com
Other than in these leaflets, we do remind you that the SPCA logo may not be used without our express written permission.
Please click on the links below to access the required leaflet.
- Look after your cat
- Helpful hints for new cat owners
- Learn about your dog
- Don't hurt your dogs by cutting under their tongues
- Helpful hints for dog owners
- Planning for your pets when you go on holiday
- Emergencies and disasters - the SPCA guide
- Fireworks - a guide to the laws and regulations
- Reporting Cruelty
- Poultry - it is your choice
- Take Care of your Chickens
- Carry your chickens correctly
- Take care of your pigs
- Transport your pigs correctly
- Look after your donkey, horse or mule
- Transport your cattle correctly
- Transport your sheep and goats correctly
- Border training poster for animal handling
- The fishing industry
- Keeping exotic animals as pets